Volume 8 Issue 10 (November/December)
11. Can ITS sequence data identify fungal endophytes from cultures? A case study from Rhizophora apiculata
Doilom M et al. (2017)
8. Novel fungal species of Phaeosphaeriaceae with an asexual/sexual morph connection.
Karunarathna A et al. (2017)
5. Mycosphere Essays 20: Therapeutic potential of Ganoderma species: Insights into its use as traditional medicine
Hapuarachchi et al. (2017)
Volume 8 Issue 5 (SI Diaporthe)-closed
Volume 8 Issue 6 (SI Tropical Wood Degrading Fungi)-closed
12. Two new species of aphyllophoroid fungi (Basidiomycota) from southern China.
Huang FC et al. (2017)
Mycosphere publishes reviews, research articles, methodology papers, taxonomic works such as monographs, and checklists which relevants to fungal biology, including lichens. The official journal language is English.
Mycosphere will publish a series of essays. These essays will generally be 4-10 pages, dealing with new ideas, and current and controversial topics. They are expected to deal with topics that are not normally dealt with in traditional mycology journals and where possible should present more than one side of an argument.
Essays should be submitted by the normal process and will be peer reviewed. Longer review papers are also welcome.
Manuscript preparation - General requirements
A proper and quick processing of your manuscript requires a clean manuscript regarding both its scientific content and its formatting. Detailed information on the layout/template can be found in 'Template_Mycosphere_2017' or download the most recently published papers.
The template can be downloaded here
Generally, the main text in the manuscript, including legends to illustrations, should be written in Times New Roman, 12 pt, single-spaced throughout. Latin names of genera and species must be italicised. Hyphena-tion must be avoided throughout (switch off automatic hyphenation).
No special formatting options should be used. All pages should be numbered in the bottom right corner of each page. After the acceptance of a paper with new scientific names, authors must register the names in repositories as required by the code for each new name or combination and Faces of Fungi numbers (for each taxa, see http://www.facesoffungi.org/).
Phylogenetic trees: Authors are required to deposit phylogenetic trees
and DNA sequence alignments in TreeBASE (http://treebase.org). The
Reviewer Access URL must be cited in their manuscript AND the alignment
file (in FASTA format) supplied at the time of submission. After the
paper has been accepted the Reviewer Access URL should be replaced with
the Study ID number.
Submission of manuscripts
Please submit your manuscript electronically as e-mail attachments to below email address.
Mycosphere will accept only manuscripts that fit the regulations of the journal. Manuscripts, which are not prepared according to our template, will be sent back for reformatting. See 'Template_Mycosphere_2013'.
Electronic submission guidelines
The following files are required:
- A word file of properly structured/formatted manuscript containing the full text including tables and figures/plates,
- A PDF file of properly structured/formatted manuscript containing the full text including tables and figures/plates for review purposes.
- Please send the names, affiliations and emails of three potential referees.
Important: The plates and tables should be placed in the text at the appropriate point where you would like to see them published
Submission of revised manuscripts
Accepted papers must be revised and submitted by carefully following the formatting instructions and submitted as a revised final version ready for publication with high quality figures and tables. If the manuscript has not been structured/formatted in the journal style it will be sent back for further formatting.
Figures in the revised version should be sent separately as JPEG files. Electronic figures must be captured at or above 300 dpi resolution. Single photographs that need mounting together are not acceptable.
No charge is made by Mycosphere for publication even for colour plates.
Tables, Figures and legends
Prepare tables with the table format feature of your word processor and ensure that each data entry is in its own cell; do not use tabs, spaces, graphics and boxes. Tables (and illustrations) must be referred to in the text.
Please note that all terms in the top-line and the left column must begin with a capital letter.
Do not use vertical lines in the table.
All entries should be left-aligned. For mere numerical data align the columns of numbers by their decimal points using word processor decimal tabs. Also, place a zero before the decimal point of numbers less than 1 (e.g. 0.1)
Please develop the format of references according to the Template_Mycosphere_2013
All citations should be listed alphabetically in the ‘References’ see the format of references in template. In the text, authors should be cited chronologically
1. Manuscripts will be sent to the Scientific Editor for discussion with the EIC to consider whether the manuscript is suitable for publication in Mycosphere
2. If the manuscript is deemed suitable it will be sent to a handling editor
3. The handling editor will send the paper for peer review by at least two indepentent reviewers.
4. The reviewers will send their recommendations to the handling editor
5. The handling editor will recommend minor revisions, major revisions, acceptance, resubmission, or decline the manuscript and following improvements to the paper and possible further peer review, return the finalised manuscript and decision to the EIC
6. The EIC will make the final decision over acceptance and if accepted forward the final revised manuscript to the managing editor to prepare the final proofs
Proofs will be sent as PDF files to the author by email. They must be checked and returned within five working days. Mycosphere team cannot be held responsible for errors not pointed out within five days by the authors.
Copyright will be held by the Guizhou Academy of Agricultural Sciences, so that data can be indexed in Facesoffungi, MycoBank and other databases. However, authors are encouraged to deposit their papers online and make them freely downloadable. They can also use their data and publish it elsewhere without permission from Mycosphere. We have adopted a Creative Commons Copyright License applicable to this site..